1. Dow drops over 200 points on Tuesday on news of "PIGS" (also known as Portugal, Iceland, Greece and Spain). Turns out, they are all headed toward financial ruin.
Wednesday, Dow is revived. Looks like Germany may be stepping in to do some bailing out. Yikes! What about 60% of the German population who are openly opposed to bailing out Greece? Oh yeh, if Germany DOESN'T bail out Greece (as the top headline read today): "Bye Bye, Euro".....or in other words, they will go down the tubes right along with Greece. By the way, I am hunting for the money tree and will let you know when I find it. It must be quite an impressive tree to have the remarkable ability to fund all of these international bailouts.
2. San Francisco's mayor banned all official travel to Arizona. Yeh, re-read that one. It is true. And get this: city councils in Washington, DC and Los Angeles are considering the same thing. (Question: Can they really do that???) The new Immigration Legislation in Arizona is absolutely getting alot of attention, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why. There are so many illegal immigrants in this country....ILLEGAL. Arizona is trying to find them and hold them accountable for breaking the law. It is no surprise to the illegal aliens that they are breaking the law; they know it. They are also aware there is a way for them to enter the USA LEGALLY, but some are willfully choosing not to take that route.
I am ALL FOR immigrants entering this country LEGALLY. In fact, we have very good friends who came over in a boat from Cuba.....they earned citizenship legally. The children who came over on that boat are now grown and have grown children of their own. From this family alone, there are two lawyers, one Chief Financial Officer, a president of a large community college, a business owner, a Doctor of Education, an elementary school teacher, a bank officer, and a financial planner. They are bilingual, and they have a work ethic that never ceases to amaze me. This family would be the first to encourage immigrants to come to this country, but to come the right way, and to sieze everything this incredible, one of a kind country has to offer to all who are willing to strive to reach his/her full potential.
In my opinion, the danger of amnesty is this: the majority of illegal aliens in this country earn income that is below the level requiring an income tax. In addition, with citizenship, many would qualify for government assistance.....Amnesty would basically add approximately TWELVE MILLION new citizens who would pay no taxes and qualify for government assistance. Tell me, oh wise politicians, how can we possibly afford this when we are already drowning in debt???
Anyone who opposes amnesty or Arizona's new legislation is called a racist. Startling. Texas is considering jumping on board with their own immigration legislation. I guess travel to Texas will be banned too. When did a person become a racist for wanting to uphold the constitution......wanting to uphold the law.....and NOT wanting to bankrupt our nation??? And do state's rights even exist anymore? If not, where is the amendment that took them away, because I haven't seen it.
3. We may be sewing an extra star on the American flag.....looks like the government is wooing Puerto Rico toward becoming an official state if HR 2499 passes tomorrow.
4. Goldman Sachs.....creating an investment instrument designed to fail, offering it (even pushing it) to unsuspecting buyers while betting against it themselves.....and calling it "Risk Management". Say it ain't so. While it appears to be perfectly legal, it just isn't right.
5. Gulf oil spill is releasing up to 5,000 barrels of oil into the ocean daily.....recent reports estimate the spill is currently 39 miles wide and 48 miles wide. What will this mean for wildlife, and how will it be used to impact the war that has been raging against oil use in our country?