We had a WONDERFUL spring break. I turned my computer and cell phone off and enjoyed time with Chappy and the kiddos. It is amazing how much can happen in only 8 days:
1. We rode bikes a total of 150 miles (and are still feeling every "bump" on our behinds)
2. We ate fresh grouper or snapper each day (although Hope and Charlie ate more sand than anything else)
3. We saw an outdoor movie together in Seaside and an outdoor concert in Alys Beach----both evenings offered great shows; however the greater show was the nearly billion stars shining in the night sky over the ocean.
4. Caleb met Bobby Bowden (Florida State legend) and still dreams of being quarterback at FSU in the year 2014.
5. We spent a few days with GiGi and Poppy (my parents) and enjoyed catching up with some good friends who (unbeknownst to us) happened to be vacationing only 150 yards from us.
6. We doctored sunburns and "prickly bur" injuries each and every day. Our dog, Trudy, managed to get those burs in very interesting parts of her body that made emergency surgeries a regular event.
7. We agonized with Butler over their near defeat of Duke during the NCAA championship and celebrated Phil's third Master's tournament victory dedicated to his wife Amy who is battling (and beating) breast cancer.
AND BEST OF ALL:
8. Hope started saying "MaMa".....I mean REALLY saying it. My dream come true! I have waited 4 years and 7 months to hear her say "MaMa". It has been well worth the wait. Rejoicing doesn't even come close----I'd be doing backflips if I could do them. I am beginning to believe our little girl is actually going to be speaking soon!!!