Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break!


We had a WONDERFUL spring break. I turned my computer and cell phone off and enjoyed time with Chappy and the kiddos. It is amazing how much can happen in only 8 days:
1. We rode bikes a total of 150 miles (and are still feeling every "bump" on our behinds)
2. We ate fresh grouper or snapper each day (although Hope and Charlie ate more sand than anything else)
3. We saw an outdoor movie together in Seaside and an outdoor concert in Alys Beach----both evenings offered great shows; however the greater show was the nearly billion stars shining in the night sky over the ocean.
4. Caleb met Bobby Bowden (Florida State legend) and still dreams of being quarterback at FSU in the year 2014.
5. We spent a few days with GiGi and Poppy (my parents) and enjoyed catching up with some good friends who (unbeknownst to us) happened to be vacationing only 150 yards from us.
6. We doctored sunburns and "prickly bur" injuries each and every day. Our dog, Trudy, managed to get those burs in very interesting parts of her body that made emergency surgeries a regular event.
7. We agonized with Butler over their near defeat of Duke during the NCAA championship and celebrated Phil's third Master's tournament victory dedicated to his wife Amy who is battling (and beating) breast cancer.
AND BEST OF ALL:
8. Hope started saying "MaMa".....I mean REALLY saying it. My dream come true! I have waited 4 years and 7 months to hear her say "MaMa". It has been well worth the wait. Rejoicing doesn't even come close----I'd be doing backflips if I could do them. I am beginning to believe our little girl is actually going to be speaking soon!!!









4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you had a great time on your spring break. I check your blog every day and noticed that you haden't posted in awhile. I was getting very concerned that maybe something had happened to Hope. I was very nervous. But now I sigh with relief that all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie sounds like a fantastic trip! We were at our beach home in Watercolor for 9 days over our spring break! We actually saw your family at the Seaside movie Alvin and the Chipmunks I wanted to come over and say "hello",but didn't want to startle you by knocking on your car door.LOL. We knew that it was your family from your bumper sticker on your car which I LOVE by the way! Maybe sometime this summer we can get together at the beach!:)
    Blessings!
    Barbie Huff and Family:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back. You were missed, but it sounds like it was time VERY well spent. Congrats on hearing Mama. There is no sweeter sound! Love that Hopey and her sweet smile.
    Hugs from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful Spring Break. I absolutely adore Seaside, it is such a beautiful place. That's awesome that Caleb got to meet Bobby Bowden, I hope he gets his dream!! Glad you all had such a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete