Sunday, December 6, 2009

What's Your Love Language???

The kids get out of school this week.....YEH! Christmas Break!!!

***

We have spent so much time over the last several weeks, fundraising for others and serving others, that I have made a "sneaky" decision to really focus on each of my childrens' and husband's love language. I want to fill their love tanks over the next couple of weeks. Wanna join me?

***

Are you familiar with Love Languages? We all have one. If you don't know what yours is, look at the following list and decide which one you do for others the most. In other words, if you wanted to really show someone you love them, which would you do? The one you choose to give is probably the one you also prefer to receive.....your love language:

***

1. Words of Affirmation (Do you love it when someone gives you a verbal compliment? Do you compliment others?)



2. Quality Time (Do you enjoy taking walks, playing games, or having long conversations with a friend, your children, or your spouse?)



3. Receiving Gifts (Does it thrill you to give a gift to others....do you spend alot of time choosing the perfect gift? Do you love to receive an unexpected gift?)



4. Acts of Service (Are you a helper? Do you run errands to serve others? Do you cook meals for others when they are sick?)



5. Physical Touch (Are you a hugger and a hand-holder?)


***
Caleb is my "Words of Affirmation" fella'; so, if I spend time hugging him, while he may enjoy being hugged, I am not filling his love tank until I find ways to compliment him in areas he is doing well.

***

Lydia is my "Quality Time" girl; so, I will try to find time to spend alone with her.....even if just taking her with me to make a quick run to the grocery.

***

Natalie's gift is "Acts of Service", so I will try to do things like organize her chest of drawers, help her make her bed, or suggest we wash the dishes together after dinner.

***

Chappy's my hubby, so I am going to treat him extra-special by showing him all five love languages every day in some way.....but don't tell him! (Ha!)

***

Once you determine the love language of each member of your family, try to intentionally meet that love need for every member each and every day over the next two weeks. The results should be harmony galore!!! Hearts Full!!! The joy of giving instead of receiving!!!


***
OK, so who is in???



To close, I received a comment on the blog this evening about a little boy who needs a family very soon: http://www.findingkirilsfamily.blogspot.com/ . If you have an extra something you want to give this season, maybe you would want to help Kiril. He is disabled and has been bed-ridden in an institution for 6 months. He is waiting on a family. The findingkirilsfamily blog was started to see if people would gather together this season to give $1.00 and then ask someone else to give $1.00....passing the message along until all of the needed money is raised and Kiril can be given the gift of life, love, and a forever-family. I'm joining the effort; maybe you will want to as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment