Monday, November 23, 2009

Lydia Update....Hi Everyone!!!


It touches my heart to know that so many people, even people from other countries, have taken time out of their day to mail a donation or drive to my house to tape money to our door. You can't even imagine how much that means to me. Then, if you stop to think how much it means to Darya, it makes me want to cry.

I believe God sends Angels to tell Darya that so many people love her as much as I already do, so at night she can sleep not feeling alone.

Tomorrow is another big day, and yes, we have had alot of big days lately. In 7 days, we have had a car wash, three bake sales, and a Christmas Picture day (thanks Mrs. Ondrea). Now, a man in our neighborhood has made candy cane yard art out of wood. He cut them and sanded them for me to sell. Tomorrow, my brother and sister and some friends are going to his garage to paint them and then take them door to door to sell in our neighborhood. So far he has made twelve.

Think about what it will look like if our neighborhood is full of candy canes. A candy cane for Darya. I think it is a great idea. Each time we look at them, we will think of her, and so will everyone else in our neighborhood.

Our total right now is $7,021.00. Wow! We are really going to reach $20,000.00. I can't wait! Some people are calling the Darya Project a Thanksgiving Miracle, and that is exactly what it is. I used to think that no one cared about kids with Down Syndrome, and that made me sad, because I love Hope and Charlie (my sister and brother) so very much. But now, I am beginning to see that people really do care. Isn't it wonderful? There is nothing sweeter or happier than a little child with Down Syndrome.

We only need $13,000.00 more dollars. If 130 people would give $100.00 we would have everything saved up.

I love all of you and am so thankful!
Lydia Kaye Hollis

10 comments:

  1. Hi Lydia! Your story and testimony are so inspiring. I am sharing it with my family. I am so moved by your love of downs syndrome children. Five weeks ago, God gave us a grandson who is a downs baby. We are so in love with him and think he is just wonderful. Just another gift from God. 8 1/2 years ago he gave us a granddaughter who (we didn't learn until 2 years after that) is profoundly deaf. What a joy it has been to be her grandmother.

    Oh yeah, I do know your parents. I used to work with your Dad in Chattanooga. I remember when they met and started dating. It was special between them from the beginning. Tell them hello and ask them if I can post this to my facebook page. I have many people with whom I would love to share. I also sent your mom an email. I would love to hear from her.

    Lydia, you a very special gift from God and an inspiration. I hope to share your and yours family story with my family.

    With much prayers and love, Rita Brantham

    ReplyDelete
  2. i put my check in the mail today...I can't wait to see you meet your goal, kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia ... you are an amazing little girl! I blogged about your project for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up Lydia! I'm am so happy for you guys, and I can't wait to see how the Lord will bring all the money in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lydia,
    You are one amazing young lady. I am so HOPING and praying for you to meet your goal. Go LYDIA GO! Thanks for your inspiration.
    Mary Speed Lynch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lydia!
    I just wanted to let you know that I found your Blog awhile back through Ondrea's blog when Hope was having her surgery! I have been following along since! Your family is amazing and you Lydia are such an inspiration! I am the mother of 4 children the youngest adopted from China 4 years ago when she was 9 months old. She is such a JOY to our family. I would LOVE to bring home one of these sweeties with Domns Syndrome too we shall see. I printed out your Blog story and read it to my husband and children ages 19,16,14 and 5 on our way to church this past sunday. Needless to say everybody was in tears by the time we arrived. I did have them laughing at your brothers funny underarm hair post though!!:) didn't realize I had that in there, but it cracked them up!:) Anyway I did not mean to turn this comment into a book. I just wanted to let you know that this story is very moving and I am praying that you reach your goal. I am going right over to the Paypal button now to give my donation for sweet Darya. I am letting everyone I know about your story as well!
    Blessings!
    Barbara Huff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lydia I think you are a truly amazing girl and I am so thankful that Darya has you. Your family are truly inspirational. When I was a little older than you I used to work with teenagers with Down's Syndrome; I know how very special they are. And how blessed your family is.

    I know you will reach your goal. You are a hero.

    I want you to know that you have inspired people from all over, not just America. I am so thankful to be able to donate to help you. I have donated $100 via paypal to you for Darya. I hope you find the other 129 people you need very soon :)

    May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lydia, my check should be there today or tomorrow. I mailed it on Saturday. I love what you are doing for orphans with Ds! What a blessing you are to so many!
    :-)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi lydia and family,
    I would love so so much to donate to your cause, but seeing as i am only fourteen i don't have the option of donating by credit card, so i was wondering if you could give me an address which i could mail a donation to. if that would be possible, you can email me at julia_savage@georgeschool.org

    thank you so so much and have an incredible thanksgiving. lots of love.

    ReplyDelete